Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis star in “JUPITER ASCENDING,” an original science fiction action adventure from filmmakers Lana and Andy Wachowski.
Jupiter Jones (Kunis) was born under a night sky, with signs predicting that she was destined for great things. Now grown, Jupiter dreams of the stars but wakes up to the cold reality of a job cleaning other people’s houses and an endless run of bad breaks. Only when Caine (Tatum), a genetically engineered ex-military hunter, arrives on Earth to track her down does Jupiter begin to glimpse the fate that has been waiting for her all along—her genetic signature marks her as next in line for an extraordinary inheritance that could alter the balance of the cosmos.
From the streets of Chicago to far flung galaxies whirling through space, “JUPITER ASCENDING” is written and directed by the Wachowskis. Award-winning producer Grant Hill, with whom they have collaborated since “The Matrix” Trilogy, is producing, together with Lana Wachowski and Andy Wachowski. Roberto Malerba and Bruce Berman serve as executive producers.
Channing Tatum (“Magic Mike”) and Mila Kunis (“Oz the Great and Powerful”) lead an international cast that also includes Sean Bean (“The Lord of the Rings” Trilogy), Eddie Redmayne (“Les Misérables”), Douglas Booth (“LOL”), Tuppence Middleton (TV’s “The Lady Vanishes”), Doona Bae (“Cloud Atlas”), James D’Arcy (“Hitchcock”) and Tim Pigott-Smith (“Alice in Wonderland”).
Behind the scenes, “JUPITER ASCENDING” reunites the Wachowskis with their longstanding collaborators, who most recently worked with them on “Cloud Atlas.” They include Oscar®-winning director of photography John Toll (“Braveheart,” “Legends of the Fall”); production designer Hugh Bateup; editor Alexander Berner; costume designer Kym Barrett; and hair and makeup designer Jeremy Woodhead. The music is composed by Oscar® winner Michael Giacchino (“Up”).
“JUPITER ASCENDING” will showcase the kind of cutting-edge visual effects that have become the benchmarks of the Wachowskis’ films. Dan Glass (“Batman Begins,” “Cloud Atlas”) is the film’s visual effects supervisor, a post he has occupied for the Wachowskis since “The Matrix” Trilogy. Additionally, John Gaeta, the visual effects Oscar® winner behind “The Matrix,” is contributing to the visual effects design.
Set for release beginning February 5, 2015, “JUPITER ASCENDING” is a Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Village Roadshow Pictures, in association with Anarchos Productions. It will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, and in select territories by Village Roadshow Pictures. For more info, visit their Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WarnerBrosMalaysia.
Prizes X 3
1 x JUPITER ASCENDING Exclusive T-shirt
2 x JUPITER ASCENDING Movie Passes
1. Jupiter Ascending is the first original sci-fi epic from directors Lana and Andy Wachowski since this genre-defining blockbuster trilogy, which debuted in 1999. Name the first film in the trilogy?
2. True or False? Jupiter Ascending marks the third film in which stars Channing Tatum and Mila Kunis have appeared together.
3. If you’re an heir to the throne, what would be your first amendment as a ruler and why?
1. This contest is for Malaysian citizens only.
2. Winners selection is finalized by the judges at Screenbite and Warner Brothers Malaysia.
3. Only entries with full details required will be entertained.
4. Winners will be contacted personally via email.
5. Prizes will be sent to the address in the entry email.
6. Screenbite reserves the right to amend these rules at any time at its sole and absolute discretion.
7. Screenbite reserves the right to substitute or replace any prize with one of equal retail value. No complaints will be entertained on such matters.
8. Contest end date: 11th February 2015. Winner will be announced on 16th February 2015 on Screenbite.my.
Mimi Leow – I would alter the balance of the cosmos, so there may be justice in the Galaxy.
Nur Azwa Asham – I will change the education system by allowing students to learn according to their passion and interest in specified classrooms which is based on Montessori schools. The students will also have an annual activity to help and volunteer for good causes.
Michael Low – I would dictate that the people’s welfare to be looked at immediately. Adequate food and supplies must be provided to the poor. the unemployed to be given jobs and trained at areas with will help to sustain their living. Children to be provided education and the appropriate skills to build a better future for the nation.